Auctioned Vacation

First, I'd like to thank the Schults for donating their cabin to Junior Achievement's Charity Golf Tournament. My husband won the bid for this great spot.

We pulled the kids from their last three days of school to come up here and kick off the start of summer.

Day one we hiked up Borestone Mountain. All three kids loved it. The youngest (8 years old) was nervous towards the top, so I hung back with her while the rest went to the summit.

Day two, we hiked to Big Wilson Falls. Easy hike, maybe an hour? Swam in a swimming hole after. Another great hike.

Day three, took the shuttle to Mount Kineo and walked the mile to Pebble Beach. My favorite! Last time I was at Pebble Beach was 20 years ago with my dad. At the time, the old resort and surrounding homes were abandoned. We peeked in all the windows. Our own little 'ghost town'.

Also, enjoyed the swimming hole across the river from camp. The kids enjoyed jumping off the rocks into the water.

The Hurlburts
Alfred, Maine
June 18-23, 2011